Well, we’re approaching the end of 2012, and that leads to a lot of looking back at the big events of the year. For me, it was the birth of my first grandchild. During the four days we spent in Minnesota with him, I didn’t even miss biking.
But in the world of Bike Noob, we can look back, too. I thought it would be fun to check the analytics on the blog and figure out the most popular posts of the past year.
During the four and a half years I’ve been blogging, I’ve noticed that posts that are popular when first put up might fail to attract eyeballs as time goes by. Conversely, other posts might start slow and gradually get more views later on. That certainly seems to be the case here, with some posts whose popularity in the last 12 months has come as a surprise to me.
Here they are — the top 10 blog posts of 2012:
10. What Does “Car Back” Mean to You? Jan. 31. I’m bugged when cyclists don’t get into a single line when traffic is behind them.
9. Have You Ever Fitted Yourself? Feb. 26. Apparently, a lot of you have.
8. Four Years of Noobishness. Feb. 19. Includes links to five of the most popular posts of all time.
7. The Hotter ‘n Hell Hundred. Aug. 26. My cycling highlight of the year.
6. Stravalogisms. Jul. 26. The GPS-based ride mapper has spawned a lot of descriptions — some not so complimentary.
5. Testing Some More “Fitover” Sunglasses. April 12. A lot of you must be in the same boat as I am.
4. Moisture Wicking Base Layers. Jan. 24. Boy, you folks really must sweat a lot!
3. How Long Do Your Tires Last? May 31. I think 3,000 miles is good, but some of you beat that by a long shot.
2. How Much CO2? Feb. 9. 12 gram or 16 gram? And at what cost?
1. Steel vs. Aluminum. April 29. My impressions of 11 days of riding my friend David’s steel road bike.
Thanks, everyone, for making 2012 a great year for Bike Noob. I have more page views than ever before, and it’s gratifying to know that there’s still an audience for stuff I put up. Next, I’ll tell you what some of my favorite posts of the year were.
Leave a Reply